Welcome to Cherry Class!
Teachers – Mrs Sue Narramore
Cherry Class Curriculum
Summer Term 2018 – First Half
Our topic for this half term is ‘Dragons‘ (Click image below to enlarge)
The below information will help to give you more of an idea of what we will be doing this half term. All work will be adapted to cater for all the children’s needs and abilities.
- PE. Please have a named P.E. kit in school every day.
- Homework will now be given out on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday.
Reading practice and sharing books (to include key word practice) for a minimum of 10-15 minutes per day.
Maths or Literacy activity supported by parent or carer (weekly)
Reading practice and book sharing for a minimum of 15 minutes per day.
Literacy and Numeracy homework on alternate weeks – 20 minutes per week. Spellings practice weekly – 10 minutes per week.
Times tables practice weekly – 10 minutes per week.
- We expect your child to be reading every day to an adult. Please make sure your child has his or her reading book and reading diary in school every day. They will have an opportunity to change their book during the day if needed.
- Library books will be changed once a week if possible.
- Water bottles. Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full bottle of water bottle in school each day.
If you have any concerns at all please come and see me before or after school. I usually have more time after school.
We are really looking forward to another great term!