Teachers – Miss Chelsea Burrows
Autumn Term 2019
WOW! What a fantastic start to the school year we are having! The children have all settled in brilliantly and are already building lovely friendships. Myself and Mrs Hohl are very proud of them all and are really looking forward to our year ahead as Team Willow.
The below topic web will hopefully give you an idea of some of the things we’ll be doing and learning about this term. (click image to enlarge)
Willow Class routines
- Please have a named P.E. kit in school every day, especially Tuesdays!
- Year 1 Homework will be given out on a Thursday and is due in on a Tuesday. Topic Homework is for all children to complete and will be given out once a term. The children will have two weeks to complete this from the date it was handed out and no additional homework will be handed out during this period.
- We expect your child to be reading, if possible every day to an adult. We welcome parents to read different stories, from school and home, to children and use the discussion sheet in their reading records to support understanding. Please make sure your child has his or her reading book and reading diary in school every day and help change his or her book in the morning if needed. All of the children in Willow Class will be assessed regularly and will move up colour band when it is necessary for them to do so.
- Water bottles. Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full water bottle in school each day.
- Please label all of your child’s clothing, especially jumpers!
I am really looking forward to a great year!
For an overview of the entire Year 1 curricula please click on the link below.