Teachers – Miss Chelsea Burrows
Autumn Term 2020
A very warm welcome to all our new starters and families and welcome back to the returning members of Willow Class! I am delighted to share with you that all of the children have settled into their new environment brilliantly. All of us here in Willow are very proud of them and are really looking forward to our year ahead as Team Willow.
The below topic web will hopefully give you an idea of some of the things we’ll be doing and learning about this term. All EYFS children will undertake learning based on the same themes but it will be tailored to their different needs and learning abilities. Our topic this half term is Winter Wonderland.
- Mr Jonathan Ball will be teaching in Willow Class on Tuesday afternoon, as I have a one afternoon a week where I will be planning and developing my skills as a teacher.
A few reminders for Preschool Parents:
- Spare bits and pieces: Please pack spare clothes, nappies and shoes for your child if you think they are likely to have an accident in school.
- Fruit Snack: Please remember to provide your child with a fruit snack for every afternoon they are in preschool.
- Water bottles: Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full water bottle in school Tuesday. This will then be kept in school and sent home with them on their last day. The bottles WILL be cleaned and refilled daily.
- Hours & days: If you would like to change your child’s days or hours then please contact the office and they can help organise this for you. We must be given as much notice as possible!
A few reminders for Reception Parents:
- PE Kit: Please ensure your child wears their PE Kit to school every Tuesday.
- Homework: EYFS will not be sent home weekly homework, but there will be times when we send home additional phonics activities for the children to complete at home.
- Water bottles: Please make sure that your child has a clean, named and full water bottle in school every Monday. This will then be kept in school all week and sent home with them on a Friday. The bottles WILL be cleaned and refilled daily.
- Jumpers: Please label all of your child’s clothing, especially jumpers!
- Toys: Now the children are in school full-time and are settled, we ask that all toys stay at home. This is to avoid them getting broken in school.
Miss Chelsea Burrows
For an overview of the entire Year 1 curricula please click on the link below.