At Kenton Priamry School, we strive to ensure that the learning and progress of our children is as unaffected as possible during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Therefore, we have plans in place to continue learning remotely in the event of a child not being able to attend school due to this reason or any class or school closures that could happen.
If your child has to be absent from school due to a positive Covid-19 PCR test, and they are well enough to continue with their learning, their teacher will provide this for them through the platform Seesaw.
All children at the school have their own account to which they can login. If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact the school office.
Learning activities – that replicate what is being taught in school as closely as possible – will be uploaded daily (starting from the day following their first absence) for the duration of their isolation. Please be aware that the teacher will still be teaching their class in school so responses may not be given to uploaded learning until after the end of the school day.
In the event of a class or wider school closure, our remote learning offer on Seesaw will be as follows:
- A daily welcome and overview of learning sent via announcement on Seesaw by 8.30am.
- A literacy and maths activity provided daily.
- A daily pre-recorded story time.
- A reading task (for years 2-6) provided daily with a weekly comprehension activity.
- A RWI phonics task (for EYFS and year 1) daily with pre-recorded teacher input or linked RWI video.
- A 10-a-day mental health and wellbeing activity for the week.
- A weekly P.E and outdoor learning task (adapted appropriately for home learning).
- All children’s learning will be liked and approved with every child receiving at least one daily feedback comment on their tasks.
- A phone call home to check-in over the week.
Any parent or carer who needs support with electronic devices in order for their child to access remote learning should contact the school office.