Welcome to Cherry Class!
Teachers – Mrs Sue Narramore
Cherry Class Curriculum
Spring Term 2020
A welcome back to the new year and new term! I hope you had a lovely Christmas break. As usual, the attached will give you a flavour of some of the things we’ll be doing and learning about this term. All children will undertake learning based on the same themes but it will be tailored to their curriculum and different needs.
Our topic this half term is The Rainforests.
The usual notes:
- PE kits need to be left in school. Our usual days will be Monday and Tuesday, however this does sometimes have to be changed to accommodate other events/weather conditions.
- Do remember to label all uniform.
- Please remember to send your child to school with a named water bottle and a fruit snack for the afternoon if you feel they would want this.
- The children will have a pack for their reading and homework books. Please also check these for letters etc.
- The children should not bring toys to school. They will have an opportunity on a Friday to share and can bring items for this but, please, nothing precious.
- Mrs Narramore will be in Class every day except for Thursday afternoon, when Mrs Baker will teach the class.
Homework – will be given out on a Thursday and needs to be returned by the following Tuesday. For the first 2 weeks of each half term, we will send topic based homework. After that we will set English homework and Maths homework on alternate weeks
Reading – we expect your child to be reading to an adult every day. Please make sure your child has their reading book and reading diary in school every day. We will have a session every day when they will be able to change their books independently. The children will bring a book from the correct colour band and may sometimes also bring a library book which catches their interest.
Please pop in to see me if you have any questions or if you need to tell us anything. There will be a parent meeting after school very soon for the parents of children new to the class to enable them to ask any questions/clarify routines etc. A date will be posted very soon.
Do remember to let us know if someone different is collecting your child from school. The class book is by the outside door for you to write in any information about this. We need to be informed of this so we are confident that we are sending your child home with the right person and will have to phone you for confirmation if we have not received a message, or entry in the book.
Thank you for your support
For an overview of the entire Year 1 and Year 2 curricula please click on the link below.