School Closure 18/02/22
I am writing to inform you that due to the severe weather warning for the South West tomorrow, including Teignbridge being subject to an official amber weather warning, the schools across Osprey learning Trust will be closed tomorrow (Friday 18th February 2022).
This is not a decision that we have taken lightly. An amber weather warning for high winds includes the following:
- There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life
- Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down
- Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights
- There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur, perhaps affecting other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties, and flooding of some coastal properties seems likely
- It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees
According to the MET office the peak of the storm tomorrow morning will be between the hours of 0700 and 1000. It would be irresponsible for us to expect staff and students to travel to work and school during this time.
There will be remote learning for the children tomorrow. This will be sent home via email or google classrooms.
Have a safe and relaxing half term
Head of School