On May 25th 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation will come into effect across the EU. It is a new law that is being implemented in exactly the same way across all EU countries to create a level set of rules to ensure all data held and processed by organisations within the EU is secure and processed lawfully.
Public organisations, schools (and academies) are required to comply with GDPR. At Kenton Primary School we have been working on our GDPR readiness since December 2017. Since then we have:
- Made everyone on the staff aware – all the way up to our governors.
- Been on training courses
- Have explored how we can monitor data protection across the schools within Ivy Education Trust
Ivy Education Trust GDPR Policies
All Trust-wide GDPR policies listed below can be found online at https://ivyeducationtrust.co.uk/gdpr
- Data protection policy
- Data retention policy
- Privacy notice (visitors)
- Privacy notice (applicants)
- Privacy notice (workforce)
- Privacy notice (parents and students)
- Subject access request policy and form
Our practice ensures that GDPR is central to our day-to-day culture. We already highly value and protect all of our pupil, parent and staff data and will continue to do so in the presence of GDPR.
As a parent/carer you may receive some letters from us regarding GDPR. Some of those may be about consent and some about updating your information with us. Please do read and send back everything you receive.